Image Map

A skin saviour: Alpha-H Liquid Gold Discovery Collection

22 January 2014





I received this set as a gift for Christmas, so I have been using it for about a month now and I thought it was about time that I shared my thoughts with you.

I've was considering buying the Alpha-H Liquid Gold but when I saw this collection on Cult Beauty I thought that it would be a good opportunity to try out a few of their other products without committing to the full size.

Here's the low-down on the products:

Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera: This is creamy cleanser that removes make-up, including waterproof mascara, cleanses and balances your skin all whilst leaving it super smooth and soft afterwards. It contains Aloe Vera to soothe the skin and Vitamin E to hydrate - A perfect accomplice to the drying Alpha-H. It can be compared to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish that I regularly use so I think I'll be sticking to that- it's cheaper.

Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid: This product has gained a cult following in the beauty world and rightly so, after the first night that I used it my skin looked considerably better. This overnight serum claims to works wonders on fine lines, wrinkles, pores and acne. Whilst I can't comment on the fine lines and wrinkles I definitely noticed an immediate difference in the tone of my skin, active blemishes and scarring. It really is worth the hype.

Liquid Gold Perfecting Daywear: Claims to be skincare and make-up in one...but the make-up claim is pushing it a bit. The bronzing beads just give you a bit of a glow, if you have near-perfect skin then this might conceal those imperfection but this certainly doesn't even give a light coverage. That being said I still love this product as a serum/primer. It is packed with glycolic acid, licorice and hyaluronic acid all which work together to resurface, minimise pores and hydrate and plump the skin. It helps my skin stay shine free for longer through the day I swear! Definitely going to be repurchasing this.

Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum: This is what I use in place of the cult classic Liquid Gold every other night. The liquid gold is only supposed to be applied every other night so this is a gentler alternative to use on those nights. It is packed with skin-loving ingredients designed to even out skin-tone, increase collagen levels and minimise the appearance of pores. An all round good serum.

Essential Hydration Cream: A simple, classic hydrating moisturiser. This works well with the Liquid Gold as it soothes and repairs the skin. It hydrates, soothes and reduces redness all whilst balancing the skin. This makes it suitable for all skin types from those that are dry and sensitive all the way through to the more oily ones. I'm not sure that I'd repurchase as I've found another, similar  moisturiser that I'm currently loving...post to follow soon.

So there you go...if you've been thinking of trying something from Alpha-H check out their collections as I have come across quite a few. This will give you a chance to try out a few of their products and find out what works for you. I've been using these products, some more than others for nearly a month now so they are decent sized products that will last a few weeks so that you can really get a feel of how your skin reacts to them.

This collection, the Liquid Gold Discovery Collection is available from Cult Beauty for £39.95.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts