Image Map

Battle of the Soap and Glory Powders

28 January 2014






When I went into Boots looking for a new translucent powder as my Rimmel Stay Matte had broke and crumbled once again (that packaging really is terrible) I was drawn to the Soap and Glory Powders. I couldn't decide which one to go for, 'One Heck of a Blot' or 'Kick Ass' so I got both...as you do. Can we just take a minute to really appreciate those amazing names...Soap and Glory really do put a lot of work into the names of their products.

I couldn't decide between the two powders as I wanted a regular translucent powder like 'One Heck of a Blot' but then I really wanted to try the yellow toned 'Kick Ass' as it promised to smooth your face and it was something different to what I usually use. Cue waaaay too much money spent on powder in one afternoon. These powders were £12 each, so not the cheapest, but they had good quality packaging so hopefully I'd actually be able to get through the whole pan without it crumbling into a million bits. I've wasted so much money on Rimmel powders that do this!

One Heck of a Blot is your regular translucent pressed powder, promising shine control and oil absorption. This is described as one that is great for all skin types and comes in one translucent shade. I found that this lived up to the standards of the Rimmel Stay Matte and did an okay job of keeping shine at bay. It comes with a powder puff inside the compact which swiftly got thrown in a drawer as I prefer to apply powder with a brush. I liked it, it was okay, but I liked the Kick Ass powder so much more.

Kick Ass Instant Retouch Pressed Powder to use it's full name is a face smoothing and perfecting pressed powder. Soap & Glory whack in some crazy names regarding what's in this product, SuperBlur technology and Camouflawge 3DTM which I don't quite know what they are, but Soap and Glory do this a lot with their products. It promises real time retouching and it even suggests that you can brush it on under makeup as a primer...but I prefer to use it after. Despite it's yellow appearance in the pan it goes on translucent and I find that it really does help to smooth out the skin whilst providing protection against shine. I find that I am shine free for longer with the 'Kick Ass' powder compared to 'One Heck of a Blot'. The yellow tone actually looks more natural on the skin too as sometimes the whiter translucent powders can look a bit chalky on the skin.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts