Image Map

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser update

18 January 2014


As promised in my original post here is an update of how the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser performs.

My initial thoughts were that it was an 'alright' primer. It seems to do the basic job of smoothing and mattifying the skin and make up seems to last a bit loner than usual when using this. However my opinions have changed after using it for a few weeks for long days at work.

I find that the silicone-rich formula makes some make-up slip and slide off my face instead of making it last longer. Also during busy, sweaty commutes and rushing around London it doesn't hold up well in terms of keeping oil at bay.

After using it for about a week my skin started to break out a bit more than usual. Obviously I can't purely blame this and it could have been something else that I was trying but the Baby Skin Primer did seem to make my skin oilier in general despite the initial mattifying effects  and I can't help but think that the silicone-rich formula was personally bad for my skin.

However if you normally like a silicone formula as a primer and your skin isn't oily then this may be a good, affordable option for you.



Personally though my all time favourite primer is currently The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser which despite being a silicone based formula it feels thicker and has a freshness to it. Being designed for blemish prone skin I don't have to worry about it breaking me out and it really does create a smooth base for foundation with minimised pores.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts