Image Map

The product that changed my opinion on BB creams

29 January 2014




I had a sample of the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector All-in-One BB Cream for Combination to Oily skin and I thought that I would give it a whirl last weekend. I had my doubts about it in terms of colour, longevity and coverage so I tried it on a Sunday when I knew I wouldn't have to leave the house for long.

Well do you know what...I was pleasantly surprised. So much so that on my way to work on Monday morning I passed Boots and had to buy it. 

The Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily skin has changed my view on BB creams, my prior experiences have left me shiny, orange-faced and wanting more coverage. Even the Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream (review here) for oily skin left me shiny after a few hours and the coverage wasn't great.

This Garnier BB cream promises anti-shine, to blur pores and imperfections, evens skin tone, boosts glow and moisturises all whilst providing SPF20 UV protection. I think that this product really delivers on all of these things and my skin looks far better at the end of the day than it does when I wear foundation. The coverage has kept and it hasn't gone all cakey like my foundation does sometimes.

During the evening on Monday I tried applying this on top of my makeup from the day to add a bit of a boost to the coverage and it applied beautifully on top of existing makeup. It didn't flake or cake and added some moisture and a glow back into my skin without being oily.

The coverage is really good for a BB cream, it manages to stay light and nearly non-existent on the skin whilst providing colour and coverage. Yeah the coverage isn't going to cover major blemishes, but that's what concealer is for...

Added bonuses are that its oil free and non-comedogenic, great news for those of us who struggle with our skin. I highly recommend this if you found the original version too oily, and I also spied an anti-ageing version and a sensitive skin version so there really is one for everyone.

The only downside to this product is the shade range...light or medium...that's it. Luckily the light is actually light which doesn't tend to happen with drugstore BB creams. They tend to be more orange toned but the Garnier one was fairly light and blended out nicely on my pale skin. 

Garnier goes onto claim that after 4 weeks skin would be less oily, pores would be minimised, imperfections appear visibly reduced and would be radiance improved so that's something that I will put to the test and report back on.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts