Image Map

A revelation in nail polishes | CND Vinylux

10 February 2014





CND first brought us Shellac and then they realeased their weekly polish collection, Vinylux. Vinylux is a two part week long nail polish system that doesn't require a base coat and strengthens its resistance to chips over time. The array of colours has gradually expanded in the Vinylux range and now there is nearly every colour that you could possibly want in their collection.

I hadn't heard of this range until last autumn and since then a pale pink weekly polish and accompanying top coat has sat in my nail stash for months before finally trying it a few weeks ago and now I'm hooked. I got straight online and ordered myself some more shades of this wonder product.

I like painting my nails, but I'm usually impatient and chip them within an hour as I can't wait long enough for them to dry. With Vinylux I didn't have that problem, it dried so quickly! The top coat dries within 8 minutes to a super hard, super shiny layer. This layer gets harder with exposure to natural light to strengthen the polish over the week in order to prevent chips.

I was sceptical about this but it worked for me. If you follow the system, using both the nail polish and the top coat together then you can really achieve fantastic results. The navy shade that I'm currently wearing is called Midnight Swim and in the photograph above I've had it on for 3 days and it is still perfect.

Vinylux is also a great alternative for those of us who don't want to commit for a shade for weeks like you have to with Shellac. You can also change the colour as often as you want from the comfort of your own home, but safe in the knowledge that it will last for days if you want it to.

I did think that removing such a hard wearing product would be difficult but it was actually just as easy as any regular polish (and much easier than glitter polish!). Winner. I've also bought 2 more shades in anticipation for Spring/Summer, when it finally decides to arrive. I have Lobster Role and Electric Orange and I can't wait to try them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts