Image Map

What's in my make-up bag | The out and about edit

03 February 2014







I received this gorgeous black and camel Whistles leather pouch/clutch as a gift for Christmas and when I'm not using it as a clutch I have been using it to keep my everyday make-up essentials in. Whistles don't have this one in stock any more but they have some new gorgeous shades in their Spring collection.

Here are just a few things that I'm currently carrying around with me everyday. I'm currently loving the Garnier BB Miracle Skin Perfector Oil Free, normally I wouldn't carry my base around with me but this one layers like a dream even on hours old make-up, perfect for when I am out all day (check out my review here). I apply this with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush from the Core Collection as it gives a nice flawless look. For when I want a bit more coverage I apply it with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (not pictured).

The concealer that I am currently using is an old favourite which was discontinued a few years ago. The Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral concealer was that much of a favourite I bought it in bulk a while ago and I've been working my way through them ever since. It offers a liquid consistency, with good coverage as well as being a perfect match for my skin. I'm nearly out so any recommendation for a good concealer leave them in the comments below. I like to apply this with the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush from the Starter Set. This is a soft, densely packed brush that is quite large which makes blending the concealer into areas of redness and under eyes really easy and quick. For stubborn blemishes I prefer to use the Real Techniques Detailer Brush from the Core Collection so that I can pin-point concealer application.

If you haven't seen my 'Battle of the Soap & Glory Powders' post then check it out here, the Kick Ass Instant Retouch Pressed Powder is a new favourite of mine. It blurs out imperfections and smooths the skin tone. For me it is a clear winner as it keeps my t-zone oil free for longer than anything else I've tried recently. This powder brush from the Salonniere range that Jenny Packham did for Boots this Christmas is perfect for throwing in your bag. The lid and retractable design makes it compact enough to throw into small bags whilst still keeping things hygienic and clean. This came as part of a gift set so I don't have a link to it but Real Techniques have just brought out a range of retractable brushes recently and this Bronzer Brush is very similar.

Whilst I don't tend to carry eye make-up around with me as I usually wear waterproof mascara that pretty much lasts all day I do like to carry my Seventeen brow pencil with me in case of smudges, and it has a handy brow comb on the lid. I am also currently loving the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liner in Nude, it really perks up the eyes and masks any redness, perfect for both in the morning and after staring at a computer screen all day. Last up is the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum, I love this subtle purple shade and the moisturising benefits are really helping my lips in this cold and windy weather that we're having in London right now.


1 comment :

  1. Love the whistles pouch! Envious!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts