Image Map

What to Pack for a Weekend Away.

16 May 2014


I always feel like packing for a weekend away is a bit of a challenge, but I like that. It's a case of packing minimally whilst still ensuring that you have enough outfit choices and that everything mixes and matches. I find that the best way to do this is to stick to basic colours, black, white, grey, navy etc. If you need to add in a bit of colour do it with accessories or a coat/jacket.

If you're interested here is what I packed. First up is the basics and style staple in nearly all of my outfits - jeans. I'm wearing the River Island Amelie Jeans to travel in as they are pretty stretchy and comfy. Then in my suitcase I've packed my current favourite pair of jeans- the Zara Biker style stretch jeans which are the comfiest pair of trousers I have ever owned, they are amazing They also have a ribbed knee pad kind of detail on them so they add a bit of something extra to a simple outfit.

I then threw in a few basic tops, a black basic H&M tank top, a white long sleeved H&M top and a black strappy H&M vest- can you tell that H&M is my go to place for basics. A few more recent purchases that I've packed is the navy and cream striped H&M jumper, the Next Casual Pocket shirt and a black, semi-sheer lightweight knit.  I've also packed my grey Whistles sweater that I picked up in the ASOS sale half price- absolute bargain. (Sorry I can't find any links to all of these- typical). I also packed my Mango Shirt Collar Dress as I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing all weekend and this dress is great dressed up or down.

Now for shoes, my very loved Fred Perry Phoenix trainers and some old gold quilted pumps that were from Topshop. I think these will pretty much cover me for every situation possible. I'm not really a big heels kind of girl so these flats are my most 'dressy' option.

I've packed 2 different bags, the Whistles Medium Shiny Croc clutch for all evening eventualities and then my Zara suede and faux leather messenger bag which is a bit larger and perfect for the daytime as it fits in all the necessary bits.

Then, the main piece- the jacket that I am planning on looking good with all outfit options is this Next Longline Red blazer, for those of you who are a bit colour shy it also comes in black. I simply love this jacket! It's my new Spring favourite and as my outfits are usually fairly monochrome, or navy this manages to go with nearly everything despite being such a bold choice. The quality is amazing, the colour is bright and vibrant and the fit is brilliant.

So there is everything that I will be packing for my weekend away style-wise. Do you have any top tips for minimalist packing? Let me know.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts